Valentine's Gift Guide for Her - Our Top 5 Necklace Picks ($50 and Under)
We just responded to a few media queries about our gift ideas for Valentine's day so I realized we should make our own list too. And, while it is hard to pick just a few favorites from all of our beautiful necklace designs, here are our top 5 darling and unique gift ideas for her. All necklaces are $50 and under and with free shipping, so very budget friendly.
What makes our jewelry unique and interesting - they are made of different shapes and colors of paper beads. Yes, thin strips of papers that have been cut from recycled paper, rolled tightly, varnished multiple times for durability and made into beads.
All our necklaces make a perfect gift, they are adorable, easy to wear and colorful. But, they also represent sustainability, as most of the beads are made from recycled magazines and other paper. And, to make it even better, they are handmade by women who live in poverty in Uganda as part of our social enterprise initiative for women empowerment. So, these beautiful necklaces represent a gift with many meanings. Each purchase support our women empowerment and community initiatives. Here are our top necklace picks (although, we love and highly recommend all our jewelry):
1. Lucy necklace ($50 with free shipping) is a best seller at Atlanta craft markets, at the Beehive and in our own shop. It's a perfect fit for Valentines - a stunning, layered statement necklace in cream or 6 other colors. These look fabulous on, a Jackie O classic style design, but with a twist. Of course, it is lovingly made from paper beads by our talented artisan Lucy in Jinja. Pick your favorite color.
2. Doreen Necklace ($25 with free shipping) is a new arrival and made for the purple lover. It's a multi strand necklace with a dainty design that is pretty and flattering. A unique, handmade necklace for the ladies who love a pretty style that is perfect with a classic top or dress and want something that is unique and sweet but that still demands attention. Lovingly made by Doreen in Kampala.
3. Birungi Necklace ($45 with free shipping) is a boho chic, long multi strand design in a unique color combination of creme, pink and burgundy. This necklace is both sweet and bold and quite unique as the beads are of mixed sizes and shapes. So, this necklace is for a woman who is chic, who loves easy to wear boho style clothes and accessories and who loves her jeans and peasant tops. Lovingly made by Grace and her daughters in Kampala.
4. Sanyu Necklace ($25 with free shipping) is a bold necklace made from large, chunky paper beads and combined with African print fabric as tie backs. This is a necklace for the woman who loves colors, loves attention and is always looking for unique signature pieces for jewelry and accessories. The necklace is easy to wear as the length of the necklace can be adjusted with the tie backs. It comes in several bold colors (red, green and orange). Lovingly made by Grace and her daughters in Kampala.
5. Valentine Special - Maggie Necklace and Hoop Earring Set ($20 with free shipping) is a lovely, multi strand cranberry colored necklace that comes with a pair of matching hoop earrings. This necklace is a classic, easy to wear and goes with most outfits and styles. For the price, this is a true bargain, a great way to check out our designs and to pick a beautiful gift that will be truly appreciated. Lovingly made by Maggie and her team in Kampala.
Let us know what you think of our top picks and if we can provide any shopping advice (TugendeDesign@gmail.com. Meanwhile, we appreciate your support and wish you a February full of love.